Thursday, January 7, 2010

In which I wish I had posessed the foresight to buy a hat.

I am living on the ice planet Hoth right now.





So how was Christmas, how was New Year's? My life was a ridiculous dream for 2+ glorious weeks. I had a long romantic train ride home, a flurry of baking and present wrapping, a luxious morning, a long drive, a foot of snow (seriously it just would not quit), doughnuts and cookie baking, sledding for hours, family baking intermurals, two delicious dinners, endless movies, showers of presents, laid-back days of work, free chocolates... the list goes on and on.


New Year's was pretty cool too.

Needless to say, I am loath to leave the wonders of the holidays. Yesterday (it being Epiphany and all) I took down my Christmas tree, which is my least favorite holiday chore. I don't mind so much the work as I mind the depressing reality of post-Christmas times. I know that everyone is obsessed with the commercialization of the holiday but to me it remains sparkling and magical and a complete wonderland of delights. It is the only time of the year that I feel unabashed in acting like a complete giddy child and basically annoying everyone in my family by constantly singing at the top of my lungs. I would not lose that for the WORLD. You can bet your bottom dollar that it will always be said of me that I know how to keep Christmas so suck it.

Anyway I am not yet engaged in the full hatred of snow. I am still enamored of its charms and wintery delights, though I do need to purchase a hat. Preferably one with ear flaps because though I will look like a complete lumberjack, I will at least be a complete lumberjack with warm litle earsies.



Yikes, this is not what I had in mind.

No comments: